Norwegian Cancels More Sailings
Norwegian Cruise Line has canceled more sailings in January in what the company is calling a “fluid public health environment.”
On top of the eight ships that canceled cruises last week, more were canceled this week. Here are the new cancellations as of last night:
- Norwegian Getaway through January 19
- Norwegian Dawn through January 18
- Norwegian Joy through January 22
- Norwegian Escape through January 22
- Norwegian Pearl through January 17
All impacted guests will automatically receive a full refund and a 20 percent discount off their next cruise.
Last week, the line also canceled cruises on Norwegian Sky, Star, Sun, Spirit, and Pride of America.
Port of San Francisco Requires Booster Shots or Negative Test
The Port of San Francisco is now requiring that disembarking cruise passengers either have their booster shot or test negative upon arrival.
A statement from the port said that the requirement is “stricter than federal and state guidelines and is intended to protect the people of San Francisco.”
The port, department of public health, and cruise lines have partnered together to establish protocols for all ships that embark, disembark, and pass through San Francisco.
First Cruise Ship With Passengers Arrives in Hawaii After Nearly 2 Years
Grand Princess arrived in Honolulu on Sunday, becoming the first cruise ship to dock in Hawaii with guests in nearly two years.
The vessel departed Los Angeles on January 4, and spent a few days sailing around the islands. The cruise will also include a stop in Ensenada, Mexico before returning to Los Angeles on January 19.
Hawaii is currently requiring that a minimum of 99 percent of cruise passengers are vaccinated against COVID-19.
Another ship, Carnival Miracle, also departed for a cruise to Hawaii on January 9 from Long Beach. Other ships scheduled to visit the islands in the coming months include Viking Orion and Star, Oceania’s Insignia, Holland America’s Koningsdam, and Ruby Princess.
Watch Cruise Radio News Brief [VIDEO]
- Carnival Sunshine Resumes Cruises From Charleston
- Viking Neptune Floated Out at the Shipyard in Italy
- Royal Caribbean Further Extends Cruise With Confidence Program
- Physician & Cruise Industry Consultant Says Pandemic Nearing An End
- Queen Mary 2 to Feature World-Class Shakespeare Shows in 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 13, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Mardi Gras Cruise Ship Overview and Thoughts
- The Conditional Sail Order Is Set To Expire: What Happens Then?
- Cruise News Today — January 12, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Announces Next Prima-Class Cruise Ship