Norwegian Announces Name of Second Prima-Class Ship
Norwegian Cruise Line has announced the name of its second Prima-class ship — Norwegian Viva.
The vessel will have a similar design to Norwegian Prima, coming in at 142,500 gross tons. It will feature drop slides, a go kart track, infinity pools, glass over-water bridges, and a redesigned The Haven exclusive keycard-access area.
Viva is set to debut in June 2023 in the Mediterranean before heading to San Juan, Puerto Rico in December for winter southern Caribbean cruises.
Bookings for Norwegian Viva are now open.
Royal Caribbean Group Optimistic About Second Quarter
Despite cruise cancellations affecting Royal Caribbean Group’s first quarter, the company’s new CEO Jason Liberty says the second quarter is in line with expectations.
During a weekly webinar for travel partners, Liberty said that there’s a large amount of demand for cruise, and that the company’s return to service is a major priority. Currently, about 80 percent of its global fleet is back up and running.
He said “We have a strong long-term business. This is an exceptional business that does very well financially… this is a meteor that hit our industry and we have survived that hit.”
Remembering The Costa Concordia Tragedy 10 Years Later
Today marks 10 years since Costa Cruises’ ship Costa Concordia ran aground and capsized off the coast of Italy, killing 32 people.
We want to take a moment to remember the people who were killed, and all of the other people who were impacted by this tragedy both on and off the ship.
In 2015 the captain of Concordia, Francesco Schettino, was sentenced to 16 years in prison for his role in the incident, charged with multiple counts of manslaughter. The ship was salvaged in 2015 and scrapped in 2017.
Watch Cruise Radio News Brief [VIDEO]
- Carnival Sunshine Resumes Cruises From Charleston
- Viking Neptune Floated Out at the Shipyard in Italy
- Royal Caribbean Further Extends Cruise With Confidence Program
- Physician & Cruise Industry Consultant Says Pandemic Nearing An End
- Queen Mary 2 to Feature World-Class Shakespeare Shows in 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 13, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Mardi Gras Cruise Ship Overview and Thoughts
- The Conditional Sail Order Is Set To Expire: What Happens Then?
- Cruise News Today — January 12, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Announces Next Prima-Class Cruise Ship