After a number of cruise cancellations last week, Norwegian Cruise Line has now canceled more sailings on five of its vessels.
On January 4, Norwegian canceled an 11-night Panama Canal cruise on Norwegian Pearl one day into the journey, and the ship turned around and headed back to PortMiami. All passengers disembarked on January 6. In a letter, the line told guests onboard that the ship had “identified several COVID-19 positive cases within our crew.”
Then on January 5, Norwegian announced it had also canceled the following Norwegian Pearl cruise, set to depart on January 17. As well, Norwegian Getaway‘s January 5 cruise was also canceled.
Now, the line has canceled additional cruises on Norwegian Getaway, and also added cancellations for Norwegian Joy, Dawn, and Escape. The canceled cruises are as follows:
- Norwegian Pearl cruises with embarkation dates through January 17 — its next sailing date will be on February 7 (previously announced)
- Norwegian Dawn cruises with embarkation dates through January 18 — its next sailing date will be on January 29
- Norwegian Getaway cruises with embarkation dates through January 19 — its next sailing date will be on January 28
- Norwegian Escape cruises with embarkation dates through January 22 — its next sailing date will be on January 29
- Norwegian Joy cruises with embarkation dates through January 22 — its next sailing date will be on January 29
All guests that were booked on cruises that are now canceled will receive a full refund to their form of original payment.
Norwegian Cruise Line is also offering a 20 percent discount off impacted guests’ next cruise. This additional compensation will be added to guests’ Latitudes accounts and become available on January 18. It is combinable with all available promotions at the time of booking, and may be used through January 18, 2023 for any cruise sailing through May 31, 2023.
- Carnival Sunshine Resumes Cruises From Charleston
- Viking Neptune Floated Out at the Shipyard in Italy
- Royal Caribbean Further Extends Cruise With Confidence Program
- Physician & Cruise Industry Consultant Says Pandemic Nearing An End
- Queen Mary 2 to Feature World-Class Shakespeare Shows in 2022
- Cruise News Today — January 13, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Carnival Mardi Gras Cruise Ship Overview and Thoughts
- The Conditional Sail Order Is Set To Expire: What Happens Then?
- Cruise News Today — January 12, 2022 [VIDEO]
- Norwegian Announces Next Prima-Class Cruise Ship